Hormones... Incoming!!

So I heard this really lovely song at work at the start of the week by a guy called Jamie Lawson (apparently he's just signed to Ed Sheeran's label or something) and the more I've heard it over the past few days the more I've come to realise that it's a really beautiful track. It's called "Wasn't Expecting That".

Tonight I thought to myself "I know, I'll let Caroline hear this" because she likes Ed Sheeran and guitar based singers. This would also be the night her hormones decided to make an appearance.
This far, she's been pretty calm and collected, not tonight. Tonight there were tears welling up and a quivering bottom lip. Granted, it is a pretty heart wrenching song and video, but  even I wasn't expecting that!

It reminded me of the first time we tried to watch "UP." We weren't even 10 minutes in and she made me turn the movie off because she was a blubbering wreck. Its funny to look back on now, but at the time it took me a good few weeks to get her to watch it again! I doubt I'll be seeing it again any time soon!  Carl & Ellie's story.

Hormones aside, pregnancy seems to be agreeing with her. She's at that really cute starting to show stage which is amazing. This weeks craving seems to be baking (or maybe that's my craving!)
She made cake-pops and shortbread yesterday which were awesome. The boys at work were quiet for a good 10 minutes today when I rocked up with a tub of those this morning!
Things are progressing well at home too. Our vision for the nursery is taking shape. We spent last Friday night after work visiting  Mamas & Papas at Glasgow Fort (a bit different from our usual Friday nights... I better get used to this.) So all the furniture is picked, car seat and pram (with matching bag for Caroline obviously) selected and all extras tried (Snuzpods etc). After our experience at Mothercare a few weeks back I didn't expect much, but Caroline had been through with Marie a few days before and was mightily impressed. As was I. Nothing was a hassle and the staff we encountered were brilliant - they actually came over to us and showed us all this weird stuff like how to fold down a pram with one hand! Who knew?!
Caz also bought the coolest little pair of baby booties to give the baby from Elvis! They are little bunnies! Check them out below.





Comments