Liebster Award/Get to know me a little bit more!

I'm delighted to have received a nomination for The Liebster Award from The Parentales.
The Liebster Award recognizes new bloggers and shares them throughout the blogging community, a bit like a chain letter but less creepy!! Thank you to The Parentales for the nomination, keep up the great work!

I have answered the 11 questions they set me below and nominated some fellow bloggers too with my own set of questions for them to answer, listed at the bottom of the page.
Have a look at their blogs and get to know them a bit more too.


1. Where would your dream holiday be?
My dream holiday would be to Hawaii. Its so idyllic and beautiful and I also love loads of Hawaiians!
Jack Johnson, Israel Kamakawiwoʻole, Lilo & Stitch...

2. What sound do you love?
This has to be Mara's giggles. They're so infectious! Here's a video from my Facebook page, Thoughts Of A First Time Dad, in case you don't already follow us! Give us a 'Like' if you haven't already! Mara's Giggles.

3. If you were a dinosaur, what kind of dinosaur would you be and why?
I would have to be a Diplodocus because they are gentle giants, like myself! I'm a lover, not a fighter!
Also, they're dead tall AND I would get to start off as Littlefoot from The Land Before Time.
Tree stars man!!

4. What other languages can you speak, if none what would you like to learn?
 I'm not fluent, but I have a basic grasp of Spanish, French and Greek.
I can actually read more Spanish and Greek than I can speak.

5. Do you collect anything?
Mostly just magnets, which is kinda boring.
When I was (much) younger, I was a bit of a nerd and used to collect stamps... Tragic, I know.

6. What's the best gift you have ever received?
This would have to be Elvis, our house rabbit. Caroline got me him for my birthday in 2010.
He's a little tri-pawed fluff ball and Mara is just discovering his ears, poor bunny!

7. What's your fondest childhood memory?
My parents and I are estranged, mostly their choice, not mine, so I try not to think about anything from my childhood as it upsets me that they then became the people that they did.
This is also why I strive to be the best dad I can possibly be, because if Mara ever gets asked a question like this I want her to have a wealth of stuff to chose from.
When you're a blogger, there's no point in pretending that you have this perfect life and upbringing, etc, if you make the choice to let people in you have to be prepared for them to know everything.

8. If you were a superhero, what powers would you have?
I would need the ability to absorb other superhero's powers, like Peter Petrelli in Heroes, because then I wouldn't be limited to one thing! Clever, eh?!

9. What would be in your dream sandwich?
I have quite simple tastes, so would have to say something really boring like cheddar cheese.
I am a total cheese fiend, nothing fancy mind - and defo none of that mouldy blue cheese crap, yuck!

10. Are you usually late, early or on time?
I like to be on time, I think that is an important trait to have. I dislike people who waste my time, and likewise I wouldn't be happy wasting theirs. Time is precious. Having a baby makes that a bit harder though, you fellow parents understand!

11. What is the number 1 spot on your bucket list?
I cant pick just one, it would be difficult to choose between bungee jumping, skydiving, or white water rafting. I'd also like a tattoo, but my wife would kill me. She'd probably kill me if I did any of the things on my bucket list to be fair...

The bloggers that I nominate are listed below, feel free to check them out! You might find something you like!

Here are your questions folks:

1. What is your favourite movie or TV show and why?
2. As a mum or dad, what is your proudest moment?
3. What piece of advice would you give a new parent?
4. What song best describes you?
5. If you could go back in time and change one moment is history, what would it be and why?
6. Where is your most favourite place in the world?
7. If money was no issue, what would your most extravagant purchase be?
8. Who would be your three dream dinner guests, dead or alive?
9. What piece of advice would you give your childhood self?
10. As an ex-bar tender, I'm always on the look out for new cocktail recipes to try at home, what's your go-to cocktail and accompanying recipe?
11. How would you like to be remembered?

I look forward to reading your responses!

Mark @ Thoughts Of A First Time Dad

Comments