JORD Wood Watch Review

When I started out writing as a Dad Blogger, I didn't go into it with the idea of "Yes, I'm going to be swimming in free stuff!" I wanted to blog for more the more personal reason of keeping a memo of my daughter Mara growing up, documenting as much as I could, you know, the small stuff that can sometimes be easily forgotten.
Hopefully when she grows up, she'll be able to look back and laugh at all the things I've written, or reminisce fondly.

By becoming a dad blogger though, it opened me up to a growing community of like minded fathers out there who all want to do the same thing. It also presented me with the opportunity to work alongside brands who have come across my blog and like what I do.
The first of these was JORD, who make exquisite wooden watches.
At first I thought it was a joke, it all seemed too good to be true (sorry Ben, I'm not gonna lie!) but I did some research and found out that everything was legit. My contact, Ben, couldn't have been friendlier or more approachable and answered every question I posed.

Ben gave me the option of three watches to review -

In the end I was given The Sawyer.
Once shipped, it arrived within 10 days. I still had this feeling of disbelief, but when I opened the parcel and saw the beautiful box the watch was presented iN, I knew I was onto something good.

When I opened the box I let out a little squeal of delight. To coin a phrase I've picked up from a fellow dad blogger, it can only be described as a dadgasm!
I was in love with a watch, there's no other way to describe it! It's an absolutely stunning piece of craftsmanship. The detailing of the watch strap and watch face is second to none.

The team at JORD have a whole host of amazing watches on sale, for men and women, but I feel extremely honoured to have been given the chance to review their flagship watch.

I liked that I was able to have to wrist strap sized to suit me before it was shipped, as opposed to having to take it to a local watchmaker to have it altered. I don't think I'd have been comfortable with that!

Since that day, it has barely left my wrist. I've worn it out to the shops when I take Mara out, I've taken it on holiday and I've worn it to weddings. It is such a versatile watch that it will go with anything, whether I am dressed up or dressed down.



 I've also noticed people staring at it, and had a lot of nice comments as well as asking where I got it from, and I don't hesitate in informing people of the website.
It's been an honour to work alongside JORD and I hope I get the opportunity to do so again in the future. Thanks for everything Ben!


Visit www.woodwatches.com to view the full range, or purchase a gift for yourself or someone you know. You won't be disappointed.

Comments