10 Things Ive Learned As A New Daddy (Part 20)

1. There is nothing that makes you feel more like a dad than scheduling in a trip to the tip on a weekend.

2. When Caroline dresses Mara for the day she picks the prettiest outfit. When I dress her, she wears whatever goes on and comes off easiest. "Mark, why is she wearing that dress? We're only nipping to Lidl."
*Clearly not Mara!

3. Peppa Pig is a wee cow.

4. A five month old kicking you in the balls is funny. A nine month old has the potential to cause damage.

5. It's hard to enjoy every moment of parenthood when you feel like an extra from The Walking Dead.

6. I'm not in any way qualified as a doctor, but I'm pretty sure the average human body requires more than 30 minutes sleep.

7. The "aeroplane spoon trick" works an absolute treat when Mara thinks she's had enough to eat. Food flying towards her face with a "nnneeeeeeooooooowwwww" noise always makes her laugh and the spoon flies in! When I try it on myself, my hand/eye coordination goes right out the the window and dinner lands on my face.

8. I've never taken drugs but I have watched 10 minutes of In The Night Garden with Mara and I think that is as close I'll ever get to a bad trip.

9. It is possible to be so tired when you're having a cup of tea and a biscuit at work, that you drop said biscuit and automatically call it a b****rd.

10. Nine months in, Mara still has a bit of a Velcro head, all fuzzy, BUT she has these two hairs that stick out the side of her head like an aerial. They're about two inches long, wirey and funny as hell!






I'm a new dad to Mara, sharing his views on being a modern dad. There's no filter with me, I kinda just tell it how it is. Please click HERE to head to our Facebook page and give us a like, or HERE to head to our Instagram (don't forget to follow us there) and here on Google+!!

Comments