Thoughts Of A First Time Dad Has Been Nominated For An Award!

I started writing my blog when Caroline fell pregnant last year and with all the napping and baby growing I had a fair bit of free time on my hands.

The main reasons behind me starting my blog:

1. I was shit scared and incredibly excited in equal measure about becoming a dad and writing a blog seemed like a better idea than going to the gym at the time, cutting the grass or doing the rest of the laundry from our trip to Las Vegas.

2. I thought it would be a great idea to document the pregnancy, and Mara growing up, so that she could look back over it when she's older and show her (potential) therapist where her (potential) issues stem from.

What I didn't expect to happen was:

1. That people would be interested in reading about our life. I mean, there are thousands upon thousands of parent blogs out there and I thought mine would get lost amongst them. 7000+ readers later, I'm still being proved wrong.

2. That so many people would contact me with so many lovely message of support, tips, opportunites and parenting hacks. I've built up a large group of fellow bloggers & Instagrammers I'm delighted to call friends.

3. That I'd ever be nominated for an actual award!

Its crazy, but I've been nominated to be entered in to the UK Blog Awards 2017 in the Parenting and photography categories. Thank you so much you wonderful person you, but you didn't leave your name on the online nomination form so I can't thank you personally.

Apparently, the next thing that happens is that next month all the nominees are entered into a public vote, so I'll be calling upon you all again soon to get your votes in.
I'm pretty sure this is the same way they work out the winners of the Grammy's or something, beg people to vote for them.

What I'm asking is,  if you've enjoyed reading about our family's journey over the last 16 months, and are looking forward to continuing to follow us,  I'd be really, really grateful if  you could take a minute out of your day to vote for me when the time comes between December 5th and December 19th 2016.
The finalists of each category are announced on January 2nd 2017 with the winners announced on 21st April 2017.

Once I know more details, I'll be sure to inform you all
Thanks for everything folks, from the bottom of my heart and our never empty laundry bin!

Thank you for reading our blog and for getting to the bottom of this begging letter,
I couldn't have done this without you, or Mara's endless stream of material!

Mark, Caroline & Mara from Thoughts Of A First Time Dad.

x





I'm a new dad to Mara, sharing his views on being a modern dad. There's no filter with me, I kinda just tell it how it is. Please click HERE to head to our Facebook page and give us a like, or HERE to head to our Instagram (don't forget to follow us there) and here on Google+!!

Comments