The Bedtime Tag

I was nominated by One Hull of a Dad to complete this bedtime tag. The idea of this post is to answer some questions based on your bedtime routine. It may be the best or worst thing you read today, but thanks for looking in anyway!


Clearly, you're all so voyeuristic you'd like to know how I sleep, so without further hesitation...

1. Describe your usual bedtime routine.

Caroline and I usually try to have Mara asleep by 8.30pm, although she has been known to still be crawling rings around us at 10.30pm.
We'll then aim to settle down with a cup of tea and a biscuit (or several I my case, this DadBod wont sustain itself!) and  catch up on some TV before trying to move Mara into her cot without waking her. Stealth Mode Activated! We're generally in bed for the back of 11.
2. What are your favourite pyjamas?
I've got a cracking pair of Minion lounge pants, and some Ed Hardy joggers I usually wear around the house before bed or when I get up in the morning. Normally though, I just sleep in my boxers. Anything else makes me overheat and become a sweaty mess!
3. What is your current bedtime reading?
Not reading anything at the minute, not really had a chance since Mara was born. My Kindle has probably died a slow, boring death waiting for me to use it again...
4. What would I find on your bedside table?
Multiple watches, gum, drill bits and screws for work, bottled water and dust.
5. What scent makes you sleepy?
A bit of lavender doesn't go amiss. Also quite fond of the Calpol lavender & camomile diffuser for when Mara has the cold. Caroline's perfume - Angel by Thierry Mugler - is usually wafting about, and on the occasions where she's used fake tan, the smell of dusty biscuits (how I think it smells) is awesome!
6. What is your usual bedtime and wake-up time?
Anywhere from 11pm to midnight and usually up around 7.30am with Tiny Toes, even on weekends!
7. What are your top three bedtime products?
Clean boxers, clean teeth and a cuddle from my Mrs.
8. What is your most common sleeping position?
On my side giving myself a dead arm, feet hanging out the side of the bed.
9. Do you have anything you like to take to bed with you?
My lovely wife!
10. What is your worst bedtime habit?
Spending half an hour playing games on the iPad in the dark to try and make myself doze off. Bad, I know. Oh, and "apparently" I snore, but its not something I'm currently aware of!!!
It seems appropriate to tag more people to complete this bedtime tag so, I nominate
Huxley - @Hux_Life
Inappropriate Parent - @yoinappropriate
Thanks again Rich!


Comments